The Meticulous Type will work with you to help you create your best written product
An editor is a professional trained to read, analyze, and suggest improvements to an author’s writing. The Meticulous Type will work with you in a friendly, collaborative atmosphere to help you meet your writing goals. Editing services offered are:
This type of review is also referred to as “mechanical editing,” and it can range from light to medium editing, depending on what is needed or what you have requested. This comprehensive edit of your work includes:
- Correcting of spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and word usage, while preserving the meaning and voice of the original text
- Checking for and imposing a consistent style and format (e.g., treatment of capitalization, punctuation, numbers, hyphenation, use of abbreviations, formatting of lists)
- Basic fact checking
- Preparing a style sheet that documents style and formatting decisions
This type of review is also referred to as “substantive editing.” This involves streamlining and polishing your writing for greater clarity, flow, and conciseness. This edit of your work addresses:
- Echoed words and phrases
- Awkward/clunky prose
- Unusual or inconsistent tone
- Confusing passages
- Areas needing clarification from author
This is a final review of your work before it goes to print. The review is limited to spotting and correcting obvious problems, such as typographical, typesetting, and formatting errors. It is assumed that your work has already been edited for content and mechanical issues.
Please contact Casey Decker, 206-789-1157 or e-mail, to discuss your editing or proofreading project.
Casey edits a vast array of communications depending on the needs of her clients.
- Short stories and novellas
- Fellowship applications
- TED talks and presentations
- Case studies
- Contract dispute letters
- Memoirs for personal archives